Friday, January 4, 2008

Fresh start?

Well, I think now that it is the new year it's time to get a little bit more serious about my running. I have, in the previous three years of my running, just kind of been jogging around half-assed and not really had an interest in getting any better. But in 2007 I had a pretty good year, successfully completing and running personal bests in several races including- Sylamore 25k (3:04), Germantown half- marathon (1:47:11), Double death run 30 miler(5:01:09), Country music marathon(4:11:49), Big Wades Adventure 18 miler(2:54), Stump Jump 50k (8:58), and the St. Jude Marathon(4:07:15).There are a few others I am leaving out, but my point is that isn't so bad for a fat dude!! However, I have been told for the last couple years by far more serious runners than me that if I really got serious I might just surprise myself. Of course I am not stupid, I know my place in this sport, I am never going to be "competing" or anything, what I mean is that I don't think I'm running at my full potential. So this year, I'm gonna try my hardest to concentrate on my many weaknesses, not my strengths. My main "soft spots" would have to be cold beer and a lot of food of any kind. I am the king of finishing a great long run at about 10:30 a.m. on a Saturday morning and immediately diving into an all day drunkfest. This usually results in a couple days of non- quality running to start out the following week and blah-blah-blah. Also, I have to start watching what I put in my mouth and definately throw in cross- training at least 4 or 5 times a week. Basically what I'm saying is, it's on. It's on for the squatting bear in 2008, and all you fast, skinny pussies better watch your delicate asses because you know who is rapidly approaching all of your personal worsts!!!! See ya on the trails ladies!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Brandy Parker said...

Hey Dodd!! I like the blog :)Maybe I'll race ya... Love ~~Brandy