Monday, January 14, 2008

Weekly look over?

Well, I ended up having a pretty good week, running a total of 68.5 miles and felt great the entire time on my long run on Saturday morning. Myself, Poole, and Drew ran together, Drew met up with us after our first 11 or so miles and ran strong, as always, for a respectable 20. My good buddy and "newbie" runner Darrin ran also for a total of about 9 miles or so. Poole and I finished up with a 30 miler, and I was so happy because I never felt tired at all and finished at a good pace with plenty left in the tank. This is huge for me mentally, because it gives me confidence that I am getting closer to being ready for the 50 miler in March!! Also, we ran into Ultra Mike Hudson at the very end of the run, which was great because I just love meeting new people who share the same passion as all the rest of us crazy people, running around aimlessly in the woods for hours at a time. But, it was cool to meet him and I hope he will want to run with us as a group sometime. For anyone who is curious, this is how our course went Sat. First, Chickasaw, then the Tour de Wolf, down the endless gravel road under Walnut Grove, Blue trail to G'town Pkwy, Grey's Creek, 10 miler, and Yellow trail back to the kite flying area at Shelby Farms. Who knows what other little extras we put in there, but basically that was it. Hopefully I can just stay healthy this year, that would be nice for a change!!!!!!! See ya.

7 comments:

Mike Hudson said...

It was great to meet you guys! I look forward to running many miles with ya'll in the future! I may not be as fast as you youngsters, but I will try to keep up!

Jolly Green Thumb said...

Despite popular belief, we don't run that fast. We all respect each others different paces and stay together because its more fun that way. I hope your taper is going well. You are about to start the best part of the race....carbo loading. See you there.

Mike Hudson said...

I've been eating like a f#cking pig all week! Pringles are my weakness. Damn the Pringle's man!

Dirty D said...

Nice blog today. Check mine out.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
runningtwig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said...

sounds like you're on the road to a great race in March! Yay P Dodd!