Wednesday, February 27, 2008

2 days, 9 hours!!!!!

I now have 2 days and 9 hours til start time!!!! It's funny I was talking to my older sister on the phone earlier today, and I explained to her that myself, Poole, and Holly were going to Miss. this weekend to run a race and that we would be camping. I also told her that our campgrounds would not have running water or toilets. She said,"so let me get this straight, you dumbasses are gonna drive more than 4 hours to sleep in a sleeping bag in a fucking tent in the middle of nowhere, freeze your nuts off all night, then get up at 4:00 a.m. and not be able to brush your teeth, take a shit in a hole in the ground, run 50 miles then get in the fucking car right after the race and drive back"? I said "yes, but they have free food every 4 miles or so, plus we are getting WASTED on the way home". The phone was silent for a few seconds, so I can only assume she was thinking the same thing I was......... BADASS!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Mike Hudson said...

Camping out?! You people are nuts! I have a room at the Holiday Inn if you guys need a real toilet/shower/etc.

To me, roughing it is not sleeping in a tent in the woods...it's sleeping in some shitty hotel in bum-fuck Mississippi.

Call me if ya'll need anything (606-8126).

runningtwig said...

I can't wait you big squatter...well, I guess we'll all be squatting this weekend!

Dirty D said...

That was funny