Monday, March 10, 2008

Trying to make a silly dream happen?

I now have been running for a little over 3 years, and ever since about 6 months or so into my running habit I started thinking about how much fun myself and my friends were having at the local 5k's and other races around town and began to have thoughts of organizing my very own race. I just thought it would be a lot of fun. I mean, running a little, free food, cold beer, and a little local musical talent can go a long way, right? Especially if you really get lucky and have perfect weather. Well, like many dreams we all have, it soon faded as, at the time I was really the only one out of my little group who was even interested in doing something like this. A couple of years have passed since then, and I haven't really thought about it much at all, that is until myself, Poole, and Holly were on our way to run the 50 miler. We were talking about how I had heard that there might not be a Double Death run 30 miler this year due to some kind of permit issues. They were just talking away in the front seat, and I listened quietly and thought to myself "these guys really want to do this". Well, we are pretty fired up about it and we have come up with the idea to do a 6 hour run. This is an ultra- style race, I guess you could say where you show up and basically run as many miles as you can in 6 hours!!!! Of course you don't have to run for 6 hours, the idea is to just have fun and get a little running in at the same time. What we are going to try to do is have the run, provide food and beer after the race, maybe even a band or something. Anyway, all 3 of us are going to work very hard to make this happen, and I myself spoke with quite a few people today about sposoring the run, and most all of them showed great interest. So, with all that being said, anyone who would like to run or volunteer, do somethin'. For me, I didn't run today, I had no time. I was able to get in a quick 7 miler yesterday on the trails and I got to say, the weather was sweet and I can't wait to get back out there tommorrow. See ya out there. Later

6 comments:

CSP said...

Ask Michael about getting owen brennans to sponsor, we are good friends with the owners

Mike Hudson said...

Call me (606-8126) or email me (ultramike67@gmail.com) about Sunday.

Dirty D said...

Whats up biotch? I'm coming home tomorrow. maybe we can go running this weekend.

Mike Hudson said...

Shit...are you still alive?!

Tag...

Here are the rules:
1) Write your own six word memoir
2) Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you want
3) Link to the person that tagged you in your post, and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere
4) Tag at least five more blogs with links
5) Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!

scammed said...

You need to spend less time running and partying, and more time honoring your debts and commitments. Trish wants to thank you for beating her out of her college savings. You won't pay her back until after she graduates.

It must be nice to have no character or conscience.

Good for you, deadbeat.

Stanzx said...

dude...write something.