Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Recovery Week

Well, this week I'm not really doing much, just a few short runs to keep the legs loose and some good upper body workouts. I'm very happy to report that my legs feel great after the race, which is always good news. Tomorrow I'll be heading to Arkansas after work with Poole, my 2 bosses and a few other guys to go on a fishing trip, which will be great to just relax, get away from a long run, and just do some short runs in a different place. Basically I'm gonna get wasted everyday guilt free and act like I know a lot about fishing, trout I think? I am however going to miss my wife and kids , I don't do very well away from them. I don't think they will be as sad to see me go, that way the one stinky boy will be out of the house and they can just do "chick stuff" all weekend. Oh well, who really gives a shit? After all, I plan on being tits up drunk the whole time I'm there anyway, so it should pass pretty quickly! Hope everyone has good runs this weekend, so to speak. Later

4 comments:

Chris said...

"Oh well, who really gives a shit? After all, I plan on being tits up drunk the whole time I'm there anyway,"


that made me laugh out loud...mate

runningtwig said...

Made me laugh out loud too...you crack me up. Have fun in Arkansas - you and Michael have a good weekend!

Mike Hudson said...

I guess being "tits up" is a lot better than being "ass up" when you're drunk with the boys!

Dirty D said...

Dude, how was the weekend? Did you catch the big one? My Florida trip started off like shit.... I got the flu the day I left and had it for 3 days while I was there. I'm just now getting over it. Anyway, I'm sure we've got a lot to talk about during our next run. By the way, great job at the race!