Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Runnig vs. Education?

Well, I had a great time fishing ,what I remember anyway. I don't know anything about fishing, but from what all the other guys said we caught a shit load! I had fun either way. Didn't really get much running though. I ran for an hour the first morning there, and I was quickly reminded that the hills there are far worse than anything we have here. I was also running with a little buzz from the night before too, seeing that we only had acouple of hours of sleep. Anyhow, I got out of bed at 4:00 a.m. to hit the road, tried to wake Poole up, but I was unsucessful because he was smarter than me and stayed in the bed. It was like 12 degrees or something. Anyway, there I am, all alone on an unfamiliar road in the middle of nowhere, thinking about my family, work , and running. I laughed a little while asking myself why in the hell I was out there when it would have been so easy to just stay in bed like those other guys at the cabin. I suddenly started to realize there is a certain pattern in my life, in many things. I don't know why, but I started thinking about how Poole didn't run, and I did. Not that I really wanted to be out there any more than he did, but I HAVE to!! The whole education and running comparison came to me bacause I was thinking, damn Poole, that fucker can lay in bed if he wants to, he has natural running talent. My ass has to run 5 or 6 days a week, 55 or 65 miles a pop or my training just simply won't be enough. Just like your friends in school who could get shit faced 3 nights a week and make a 4.0! I personally had to study my balls off to get a C on a fucking P.E. exam!!! My point is, I have come to realize that if I want somethings I am going to have to work a little harder than others. I guess I am lucky, however to have found something I don't mind putting the work in for. Thank Jesus, had I continued to try my hand at school I probably would be sitting in pre-algebra tomorrow morning as the oldest tenth grader in Shelby Couny history. See ya on the trails!!

4 comments:

Mike Hudson said...

You better work at running, since you can't spell it (look at your post title)!!

Brandy Parker said...

Don't worry Dodd, I would be the second oldest in Algebra class with you. I am however working on 9 years in college... beat that!!! Keep running... ~Brandy

runningtwig said...

Thanks for the happy bday wish. we do need to run sometime. michael keeps talking about the trails at your house...i would love to check that out sometime. gotta get fired up for sylamore!

Dirty D said...

How ironic is this post... that you didn't spell running correctly on the title. You forgot the "n" when you were pecking - Mr. Crenshaw would not be proud. I've got a nephew's b'day part tonight at Chucky Cheese's. I can't make the run. Let's run Sat. morning