Monday, February 4, 2008

??????????

Well, my family and I have had a rough week to say the least. Two deaths both unexpected, both local, and today and tomorrow will thank God wrap up all of the services. This past week has definately opened my eyes as to what is really important in life. I have found myself telling the ones that I love how I feel more often than ever, and even volunteering to let my kids sleep in the bed with me only because I can't seem to get that "you never know" thing out of my head. It is crazy to me that when you tell someone "see ya tomorrow" you actually may not ever see them again . Needless to say I didn't get much running done this week, just a few short ones. I probably needed the rest anyway. Well, I'm off to the funeral home for the last time, I'll be getting back to some real training tomorrow, this fucking 50 miler has snuck up on me like a son of a bitch!! Later.

4 comments:

Mike Hudson said...

I'm sorry for the loses that you and your family have suffered. My prayers are with you.

Dirty D said...

Patrick, I can't imagine what you and Anne Marie had to go through this past week. If you guys need anything just let us know. Maybe we can bust out a run this week so you can sweat out some anxiety. See ya soon - biiootch.

Dirty D said...

Patrick, I am really wanting to sign up for the Nashville country music marathon. Be honest with me; do you think it is realistic that I could be ready to run a marathon by April 26th?

Carrie said...

Love you P Dodd!