Sunday, February 17, 2008

2008 Sylamore 50k

My Dad and I left Memphis Friday morning to run the Sylamore 50k. The old man has been nervous about the race for several months, in fear that he might not finish in time to beat the cut-off, even more that he might not finish at all. He was hoping to finish in 10 hours, I am very proud to say he finished in 8:26. On the way home I was thinking about the many conversations I shared with some new runners I met and the same question seemed to be asked over and over. That question was "what is your ultimate goal in running". A lot of people said things like running a 3 hour marathon 0r a 19 minute 5k or to run a 100 miler. I can honestly say that for me, after seeing my dad, who is in his 60's finish an ultramarathon, my personal goal is now changed forever. From now on I just hope I can run like that at his age.What an inspiration. As for the rest of the group everyone finished. Poole finished with a personal best, about 6:25 Drew ran a 6:15 or so, Holly and Vinny bothran great times for the 25k, I think 3:40 or so, and I finished the 50k in around 7:45. Great weekend, great memories.

7 comments:

Mike Hudson said...

Congrats to all of you lucky bastages!! I wish I had been there with you!

Dirty D said...

Way to go Dodd! Tell your dad he is my idol.

Brandy Parker said...

Congrats P Dodd!! ~Brandy

Billy said...

patrick, great to meet you guys at the saturday night campfire. you guys have a great attitude. congrats on your run at sylamore and good luck in mississippi.

billy simpson

runningtwig said...

We had a blast this weekend with all you guys! Your dad is definitely an inspiration to us all!! You and Poole are going to kill it at MS!

Carrie said...

Yay Chritz! I am so proud of you and Mr. Chritz too. Hope to see y'all this weekend.

32 degrees said...

congrats on a great finish, i have a friend running this same race today, only the 2009 version.