Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Didn't do shit today.

The title above says it all, I really didn't do shit today, at all. Not unless you count drinking a few cold beers while helping my kid do a science project and eating a shit heap of mac n cheese and watching a bunch of no talent humps butcher great songs on American Idol. I just didn't feel like running in the cold after working a 11 hour day it sitting my chubby ass on a damn tractor. So, I didn't. These days where I choose to not do anything are pretty much few and far between, so I am kind of enjoying it. I was able to get in 40 plus miles over the last 4 days so I don't feel guilty. Plus,I probably need the rest for Sylamore on Saturday. I kinda want some winter weather, that would be cool. They are saying it might happen, so we will see what happens. For those of you who will be making the trip from Memphis, be sure and bring your party panties along in your travel bag, because the Squatting Bear is planning on putting on a serious display of retardation at the after race campfire as I mentally frolic through several annoying stages of intoxication. This will be your only warning. Don't bring your kids or anyone else you hold a high respect for, it might be a little embarrising. Oh, one more thing, there is a strong chance of public nudity, so if you are a "holy" person I apoligize in advance. Not really, if my pasty ass offends you, kiss it, I'm on vacation. Later.

2 comments:

CSP said...

Good Luck Patrick...yall will do fabulous Im sure...Be sure to down at least 12 beers for me!!

Mike Hudson said...

In response to your earlier question about shoes:

Leigh Tanner said the first time she ran it, she wished she had wore trail shoes (kicking rocks & roots)! The second time, she did wear trail shoes and was happy with the investment!

I have two pair of trail shoes (size 11) if you want to borrow them for the race.

If I were running this race, I would wear my Free's and be careful to raise my feet. Of course, if it's below freezing and there's a 100% chance of getting my feet wet, then I would reconsider and wear my Arnuva's.