Friday, February 22, 2008

Oh no!!!!!!!

I don't know what the hell is going on. All I know is Tuesday after work I hit Shelby Farms alone for a 7 miler, feeling great at first. Then all of the sudden my right shin got very tight, no pain, just tight. I ran on for another 4 miles or so and it happened again, this time a little more intense. I just ignored it and kept on running and with just about 20 yards from my truck it hit me hard. This is not good. I decided to take yesterday off from running, in fear that I might be injured for real. I am really scared even more now about the 50 miler than before. I only have 7 days left. Another reason I'm scared is because I had this same injury last year and I know exactly what it is. It put me out for 3 months last time. I really don't know what I will do if I get hurt again, HOLY DEPRESSION!!!!!!! I have worked so hard to run this race, it is a lifetime goal for me. The thing is, I know myself and what I'm afraid of is this. I am going to run this race, even if it means running in the worst of pain for 45 miles of it. After the race I fear that I'll be so hurt I won't be able to run for months or something. Well we will see. I might run a couple of miles later to test it out. Later

3 comments:

Mike Hudson said...

You've two 50k races in the past month and numerous LONG practice runs. If you are not ready for MS50 by now, you will never be! Give your body a week to rest!! Maybe do a 5k next Friday to loosen up before the race.

Rest up! You are not 18 any more!

Carrie said...

I hope it starts feeling better Chritz...I know how much this means to you. I will say extra prayers this week for your leg to feel ready to run. Yeah, you can't go through an injury like last year, we can't have a sad Chritz walking around!

Brandy Parker said...

Oh PDodd get to feeling better. Take it easy because I know how hard you have worked ~Brandy